How to Get a Loan
- Aimed at making life easy when there’s an unforeseen event such as a medical emergency or funeral, or you have to pay bills such as school fees.
- Salary advances are offered to workers in the private sector.
- Both salary advances and term loans are offered to government workers.
- When you take out a loan with us, you and your family are automatically protected with credit life cover.
1) Term loans
What is it?
- A longer-term loan for a specific amount.
- Has a specified repayment schedule and a fixed interest rate.
- Loans range from K250 up to K40 000.
- The payback period ranges from one month to 38 months.
- Unfortunately not available to workers at private companies.
How do I sign up and what are the requirements?
- Simply visit your nearest Unity Finance branch.
- Bring your NRC, latest two months' payslips, a stamped bank statement and a signed loan pre-approval form (where applicable).
- Dial *414# for help.
Do you offer extra benefits?
- We like to reward our clients.
- For example, during a recent rewards promotion we gave away cooking oil, sugar and branded T-shirts to clients at our branches.
- All of our loans are insured. See Credit Life Cover below for more details.
How do I make repayments?
- All repayments must be made inside one of our branches.
- Our repayment terms are very flexible: If you're unable to make a full repayment, we may allow you to make a partial payment.
- Late payments will incur penalties in the form of extra interest.
- Clients who diligently make their repayments are rewarded with interest rate discounts.